A humourous title it may be, but the reason behind setting up this blog is serious business. I invite you to join me on a long hard mission to lose weight, get fit and get pregnant! I apologise in advance for any insane ramblings, tears and tantrums that may occur along the way...



Sunday 1 January 2012

#4 - They Say The First Step Is The Hardest...

...but I have done it.

I promised myself that January 1st 2012 would be the start of my mission to tackle my weight head on. So,despite every bone in my body screaming at me to devour toast slathered in peanut butter for breakfast, chocolate, biscuits, ANYTHING unhealthy to help cure the hangover plaguing me from the night before, I kept my word and had a sensible day.

I won't be going into detail of every single meal I ever eat but today was a decent start with shreddies and skimmed milk for breakfast, ryvita with very low fat soft cheese, a fat free yoghurt and strawberries for lunch and a huge bowl of vegetable pasta for tea.

Tomorrow we will be doing a huge grocery shop to stock up the fridge, freezer and cupboards with everything I need to ensure I have a good first week on this new/old eating plan.

I should point out that I am vegetarian, so I follow Slimming Word "green" days. Lots of quorn, fruit, veg and starrchy carbs like rice and pasta in unlimited amounts!

I feel happy pleased with myself that I made it through day one despite the hangover and craving for all things bad. My husband has just informed me that he is going to head out early tomorrow morning and have a big veggie breakfast at Wetherspoons. I don't like those kind of breakfasts but on principle I am actually a little peeved with him. It's not the best way to motivate me and keep me thinking positively!

I really don't have much of interest to say today. So I shall just set the scene for the future. Weigh in day will be Monday I think. So I have a good clear week now to give it a really good shot and get a few lbs off!

One day at a time. I will get there...

2 comments:

  1. I can't eat carbs if I'm trying to lose weight. They make me hungrier and after eating them I always crave something sweet! I always hated SW green days because of the pasta and carbs! I always used to substitute for salad and at least then I'd feel less bloated!

    Don't be angry at DH, I'm sure he's a lot like my hubby that not being overweight they just don't understand what it's like to "abstain" from food. For me it's exactly like punishment!

    You've done AMAZING avoiding the hangover food, huge well done to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks hun.

    I actually LOVE being able to eat loads of pasta. It's one of my favourite foods so the fact I can really fill up on it is great.

    Everyone works differently though I guess.

    I feel good today :-)

    ReplyDelete